Seafood isn’t your only choice when serving Sauvignon Blanc. This dish also pairs beautifully, and this recipe makes 4 to 6 servings, depending on your appetites.
SPAGHETTINI WITH LEMON SAUCE
- 1 pound dried spaghettini
- ½-cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or green onions (white parts only)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¾-cup freshly grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- Bring at least 4 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil in a large pot. Stir in the spaghettini and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving a cup of the pasta cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add the shallots and garlic, and sauté until the vegetables are softened (1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Stir in the hot spaghettini, and remove from the heat.
- Add the herbs and cheese and toss quickly, adding enough of the reserved pasta water to keep everything moist. Serve in warm bowls.