In Friday’s blog, we tackled the timely topic of pairing wine with pumpkin pie.
But what if you’re burned out on that particular dessert? Is there another pumpkin-based dessert option that’s easy to prepare?
You bet. Refer to Friday’s blog for wine suggestions, then begin a new Thanksgiving Day tradition with these delicious…
PUMPKIN CAKE BARS
- 4 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour one glass 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread mixture into a prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For the frosting, beat together the cream cheese, butter and confectioner’s sugar.
- After bars have cooled, evenly spread frosting over them.
Tomorrow: a very tasty idea for your leftover turkey.