The last thing you want to do on a lazy winter weekend is deal with a complicated recipe.
This one is easy, and the dish matches beautifully with Cabernet Sauvignon or Syrah.
RACK OF LAMB
- 2 8-rib lamb racks
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Salt and pepper the lamb racks, to taste.
- Heat a skillet over high heat.
- Add a little bit of olive oil, and sear the racks (fat side down) until browned.
- Place the racks in a lightly-oiled roasting pan (bone side down). Sprinkle the racks all over with garlic powder.
- Roast racks, uncovered, in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove racks from the pan, cover with foil, and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.