Yesterday was National Shrimp Scampi Day… but everyday’s a good day for a good Shrimp Scampi dish.
This recipe yields 2 servings, and the dish pairs nicely with Sauvignon Blanc, Muscadet, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Gris and Chenin Blanc.
- 1-lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup white wine (not oaky)
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley flakes
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Heat wine, olive oil, butter and garlic in a large skillet on medium heat until it just starts to boil.
- Add paprika and parsley flakes, stir in, then immediately add shrimp.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink.
- Spoon shrimp onto plates with some of the cooking sauce, and top with Parmesan cheese to taste.