For wine lovers, summer is the season for salsa, because it gives us an excuse (as if we needed one!) to pour something cold and bubbly… like a good Spanish Cava, an Italian Prosecco, or even a fine French Champagne.
This dish, courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, delivers an abundance of flavor. And in case you’re not in the mood for cooking tonight, this recipe is easy to execute.
HOT PEPPER MANGO SALSA OVER CHEESE
- 2 cups mango, peeled, cored and diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and blend.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Spoon over your favorite Hispanic-style cheese.