It’s Friday. The weekend beckons. For many of us, that means an opportunity to relax and unwind from a busy work week… hopefully with some nice summer weather.
If you’d also like a little “time off” from the kitchen, we are here to help. This is an easy-to-make sandwich that’s delightful to eat at any time of the year, but particularly during the summer.
This recipe yields 6 sandwiches—plenty to share with friends, or take you through the whole weekend… and perhaps a couple bottles of wine!
AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD AND CASHEW SANDWICH
- 4 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, shredded
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup cashews
• 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked chicken, dressing, dill, cashews and avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown, then drain.
- Spread even amounts of the chicken mixture on 6 slices of toasted bread. Top each with 2 slices bacon and 1 slice Swiss cheese. Top with remaining bread slices to make sandwiches.