Another weekend is upon us. That’s the good news. The bad news is that the grilling season is waning, so you won’t want to wait too long before trying this mouth-delighting grilled dish.
This recipe makes 8 to 10 servings, and requires overnight marinating. So, plan ahead, and you’ll be rewarded with a flavorful meal that pairs perfectly with Zinfandel.
ZINFULLY GOOD GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup (red) Zinfandel wine
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Asian sesame seed oil
- 1 leg of lamb, 4- to 5-lbs., boned and butterflied
- In a blender, combine the parsley, garlic, thyme, rosemary, mustard, wine, soy sauce, olive oil and sesame seed oil. Set aside 1/2 cup to serve with the lamb.
- Place the lamb in a shallow dish, and pour the remaining marinade evenly over the meat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Grill the lamb over medium-hot coals, approximately 6 to 10 minutes per side depending on desired doneness.
- Slice lamb against the grain.
- Heat the reserved Zinfandel sauce and serve alongside lamb.