As part of its recent “Mimosa Girls Getaway” contest, Korbel California Champagne released a list of the “Top 10 U.S. Girls’ Getaway Destinations.”
Topping the list—no surprise here!—was California’s Sonoma County, selected for its top-notch wine, cuisine and all things al fresco.
At the risk of being accused of embracing my feminine side, that sounds like a pretty good destination for us guys, too.
Here’s the rest of Korbel’s top 10…
2. Las Vegas (relaxing poolside, shopping and clubs for the night owls)
3. Charleston (food, museums, Southern hospitality)
4. Nashville (live music and dancing the night away)
5. Denver (for the girls who love the outdoors and so much more)
6. Chicago (fans of sports, history and a low-key vibe love this destination)
7. Miami (beaches and a little VIP treatment)
8. Santa Fe (great for a relaxing getaway of spas and sightseeing)
9. New York (shopping and Broadway)
10. Portland (a foodie paradise)
The list brings to mind just how significant food can be to an enjoyable vacation—whether it’s a getaway with the girls, or a romantic trip with your significant other. And let’s not forget that virtually all types of food can be enhanced by wine… be it a locally produced bottle, an old favorite or perhaps a variety or blend from some far-flung locale that you’ve never tried before.
Summer may be waning, but our sense of wanderlust seldom does. I think it’s time to start planning my next wine-focused getaway!