If you prefer red wine, Pinot Noir would be the ideal choice.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
SALMON WITH PESTO
- 1 slice white bread
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- A dash of salt
- A dash of coarsely ground pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (6-oz. each)
- Tear bread into pieces and place in a food processor. Pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Set aside 1 tablespoon.
- To the remaining bread crumbs, add the basil, parsley, oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until finely chopped.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and place salmon on the sheet.
- Spread with pesto, and sprinkle with reserved bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 22 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork and crumbs are lightly browned.