Here’s a tasty way to “dispose” of leftover holiday ham.
This dish matches nicely with Beaujolais or Pinot Noir, and this recipe yields 6 servings.
SPINACH AND HAM ‘PIZZA’
• 1 loaf French bread
• 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
• 1 can (8 oz.) pizza sauce
• 1 cup chopped cooked ham
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
• 12 slices (1-oz. each) Provolone cheese, cut in half
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut loaf of bread in half horizontally, then cut each half cross-wise into thirds.
3. Place cut sides up on an ungreased large cookie sheet, and brush with oil.
4. Bake 5 to 6 minutes, or until tops are slightly toasted. Remove from oven.
5. Spread pizza sauce evenly over cut sides of each piece of bread. Top evenly with ham, onion and spinach. Place 4 half-slices of cheese on top of each.
6. Bake 7 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and pizza is hot.
Editor’s Note: We’ll be busy chowing down and drinking wine over the next few days, so Vinesse TODAY will be taking Thanksgiving Day and Friday off. Be sure to check back with us on Monday to resume your daily dose of wine news, views, recipes and more. From all of at Vinesse, Happy Thanksgiving!