Next week, we’ll feature five blogs focused on the holiday season — dealing with everything from party planning to seasonal food and wine pairing.
To help get you in the spirit, let’s finish off this week with a recipe that you may want to consider for a special holiday meal.
For a tasty change of pace from turkey and ham, try this dish, which makes a wonderful pairing partner for Moscato or Port.
This recipe yields about 6 servings.
ROAST PORK LOIN WITH PORT & ORANGE MARINADE
• ¼-cup Port wine
• ¼-cup honey
• Grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
• 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
• 3-lbs. pork loin, boned and trimmed of fat
1. Combine Port, honey, orange zest and juice, ginger and oregano to create a marinade.
2. Place pork in a bowl. Pour half of marinade over pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or, preferably, overnight.
3. Place pork in a roasting pan. Bake on cooking rack at 400 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes. Baste every 10 minutes or so with remaining marinade.
4. When done, remove roast from cooking pan, cover loosely with foil, and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.