For a different way of dealing with leftover turkey this holiday season, try this tasty dish, which pairs nicely with Pinot Noir or Beaujolais.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
TURKEY SOFT TACOS
• 12 corn tortillas (6-inch size)
• 2 cups shredded turkey, white and dark meat
• 3/4-cup chunky tomato salsa
• 1 avocado, cut into small pieces
• 1 can (4.5-oz.) chopped green chilies
• ½-cup chopped walnuts
• 3 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
• ½-cup shredded cheddar cheese
• ½-bunch cilantro, chopped
1. Combine turkey and salsa in a microwaveable container. Heat on high until heated through, between 1 and 2 minutes.
2. In a skillet, toast tortillas lightly on both sides over medium heat, and place on plates.
3. Divide turkey among tortillas.
4. Top with avocado, chilies, walnuts, bacon and cheese.
5. Fold over tortillas to form soft tacos.