’Tis the season for dishes that warm both the body and soul. Especially when the weather is cold, risotto is a hearty, satisfying dish.
You can add a touch of flair to the meal by making the risotto with Prosecco, the sparkling wine of Italy. The recipe that follows calls for Prosecco, and we suggest serving the dish with the very same wine.
Deuces are wild, as this recipe yields two servings, and there should be enough wine left over for you and your dining partner to enjoy two glasses apiece.
• 1 strip bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 1 small red onion, sliced
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 small head radicchio, thinly sliced
• 1 cup Arborio rice
• ½ cup Prosecco Brut
• 5 cups hot fat-free chicken broth
• ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• ¼ cup half-and-half
1. Cook bacon over medium heat until its white fat melts into grease. Set aside.
2. Add butter to skillet and melt.
3. Add onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
4. Add radicchio. Cook until limp (about 30 seconds).