A week from today, we celebrate America’s independence. And what better way to do so than by raising a glass of wine?
Several wineries on New York’s Long Island will be hosting special events over the long weekend, including on the 4th of July itself. Here’s a look at what’s happening on the 4th…
• Shinn Estate Vineyards Late Night — Open until 8 p.m. for wines, cheeses and the sunset.
• Firefly Fridays at Lieb Cellars — Featuring live music by The Gerards and food from The Roaming Fork Food Truck, 5-8 p.m.
• Live Music at Martha Clara Vineyards — Chain Reaction Band plays an energetic mix of dance music from the 1970s to current hits… classic rock to freestyle, 1-4 p.m.
• Vines and Canines Vineyard Walk at Martha Clara Vineyards — Bring your dog for an educational walk through the vineyard, beginning at 10 a.m. A donation of a non-perishable dog or cat food item is required and will be donated to local shelters.
• Bob Blatchley at Sannino Bella Vita Vineyards — Guests will enjoy the acoustic sounds of this popular local musician from 3-7 p.m. Also: wine tasting, cheese platters or chocolate plates beside the vines.
Nearly a dozen other events are planned over the rest of the weekend, and a full schedule is available on the Long Island Wine Council’s website.