I woke up this morning with the blahs. Not the blues… the blahs.
I’m not a doctor, but I have nonetheless diagnosed my condition even more specifically: I have the Monday Morning Blahs.
This affliction tends to occur following a weekend of either exhilarating adventure or pure relaxation. For me, it was the former, and I’ll be sharing some of my weekend wine adventures with you in future blogs.
Meanwhile, I’m thinking that a good cure for the Monday Morning Blahs would be an easy-to-prepare Monday evening meal, accompanied by a good glass of wine. So rather than doing a lot of chopping, measuring, basting and other prep work, I’m going to simply fire up the grill when I wrap up work for the day.
Chicken sounds good, and so does a glass (or two) of Pinot Noir.
Because of the ingredients and the cooking process, the dish I have in mind pairs beautifully with red wine, especially Pinot Noir. And this recipe yields 4 servings, which means I can invite a few friends over and extend the weekend.
If I keep this up, Monday just may become the new Sunday…
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• Ground black pepper, to taste
• Seasoning salt, to taste
• 2 teaspoons dried parsley
1. Preheat outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grate.
2. Dip chicken in lemon juice. Sprinkle with the onion powder, ground black pepper, seasoning salt and parsley. Discard any remaining lemon juice.
3. Cook on the prepared grill for 10 to 15 minutes per side, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.