It’s May, which means fresh vegetables are in greater abundance.
Try this delicious, flavor-packed salad with Sauvignon Blanc. This recipe yields 12 servings.
VEGETABLE SORBET SALAD
- 2 bunches of carrots
- 4 bunches of red and yellow beets
- 2 bunches of celery
- Pinch of thyme
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 12 cups mesclun
- Peel and dice carrots and celery.
- Boil beets until just tender, then peel and dice.
- Puree each vegetable separately in a food processor until it becomes liquid. Strain the liquid and season with salt.
- To the carrot juice, add thyme.
- To the beet juice, add orange zest.
- Process each batch of juice in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- When freezing is complete, form each sorbet into quenelles. Store in freezer until ready to serve.
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs. fresh orange juice
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together and set aside.
- Toss mesclun with vinaigrette dressing.
- Arrange 1 cup per serving on individual plates.
- Place one quenelle of each vegetable sorbet in center of greens.