Do you have a graduation, wedding, anniversary or other special event coming up? It’s that time of the year, you know.
If you’re planning a get-together for a special occasion, you’ll need some tasty food and refreshing beverages for your guests.
This dish makes a great appetizer, and this recipe makes about 10 servings.
Serve it with herb-infused mayonnaise, and uncork a Brut or Blanc de Blanc sparkling wine to accompany it… and, of course, for toasting purposes.
SHIITAKE MUSHROOM TERRINE
- 2 lbs. Shiitake mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 8 Tbs. sweet butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup shallots, chopped
- 1½ cups bread crumbs
- ½ cup farmer’s cheese
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly toss together all ingredients. Pack onto a buttered terrine mold. Cover.
- Bake in a high water bath at 350 degrees until set (45-60 minutes).
- Cool, and refrigerate for several hours. Unmold.
- Slice and serve with herb-infused mayonnaise.