This tasty dish from Spain can be enjoyed with either red or white wine.
Garnacha (a.k.a. Grenache) makes a good choice among reds, while Albariño is an ideal companion among whites.
SPANISH-STYLE LAMB RIBS
- 1.5 kg lamb rib racks (about 2)
- 5 garlic cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. thyme leaves
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon, plus 1 tbsp. juice
- 30 ml. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 150 C.
- Place rib racks on an oven tray and score meat with a sharp knife.
- Pound garlic and a pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle to a fine paste.
- Stir in thyme, lemon rind, juice and oil.
- Rub half the garlic mixture over ribs, and season to taste.
- Roast until meat falls from the bone (about 45 minutes to an hour).
- Cut each rack into individual ribs, toss through remaining garlic mixture, and serve hot.