If yesterday’s Chardonnay sampler got you salivating for a dish to pair with America’s most popular white wine… here it is!
In addition to Chardonnay, this dish also makes a sublime companion to Pinot Gris and Pinot Grigio, and this recipe yields 5 servings.
CREAMY PASTA AND CHICKEN
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and onions in butter for 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add wine and garlic. Bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half (about 5 minutes).
- Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, chicken, capers, salt and pepper to cream sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.