The kids are back in school in many parts of the country, which means that summer is winding down.
Fortunately, the end of summer equates with the beginning of something else: football season!
The dish that follows is great for half-time noshing, and pairs well with everything from Chardonnay to Pinot Noir, and from lighter-bodied (red) Zinfandel to rosé-style wines. This recipe yields 8 servings.
GRILLED CHICKEN FLATBREAD
- 1 lb. frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 tub (8-oz.) cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 boneless chicken breast (6-oz.), grilled and sliced into small pieces
- ½ cup roasted red pepper strips
- 1 cup sliced canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. sliced fresh basil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured baking sheet, pat pizza dough into a 16-inch by 12-inch rectangle.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, milk and garlic powder until well blended.
- Spread mixture onto pizza crust.
- Top with chicken pieces, pepper strips, artichoke pieces, Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until Mozzarella is melted and the edges of the crust are golden brown.
- Top with basil and serve.