A pork loin often is served with Chardonnay, but because of the garlic and rosemary included in this recipe, this dish is absolutely sublime with Merlot — and do we have some exceptional Merlot pairing partners in this sampler!
This recipe yields about 8 servings.
ROASTED PORK LOIN
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 lbs. boneless pork loin roast
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Merlot
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush garlic with rosemary, salt and pepper, creating a paste.
- Pierce meat with a sharp knife in several places and press the garlic paste into the openings. Rub the meat with the remaining garlic mixture and olive oil.
- Place pork loin in oven, turning and basting with pan liquids. Cook until pork is no longer pink in the center (about 60 minutes). Note: An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees.
- Remove roast to a platter. Heat the wine in the pan and stir to loosen browned bits of food on the bottom. Serve with pan juices.