Surveys show that most people choose turkey as the main course for Thanksgiving Day.
But ham is a close second.
So if you’re planning to serve ham at your next holiday gathering, we have a tasty recipe for you. It makes 18 to 20 servings, and we suggest sparkling wine as a pairing partner.
WOW-THEM HOLIDAY HAM
- 1 can (20-oz.) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 spiral-sliced, fully cooked, bone-in ham (8 to 10-lbs.)
- 2/3 cup maraschino cherries
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Secure pineapple and cherries to ham with toothpicks.
- Combine brown sugar and seasoned salt; rub over ham. Gently pour pineapple juice over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 90 minutes to 2 hours, or until a meat thermometer reads 140 degrees F and ham is heated through. Baste frequently with brown sugar mixture.