We know there’s nothing like a good combination of wine and food so we’d like to suggest a tasty dish that pairs beautifully with Pinot Grigio.
This recipe yields 4 servings. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1-inch thick (about 1.5 lbs.)
- Black pepper
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Pinot Grigio
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 small head frisée, torn into pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Brown for about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pork to a baking sheet and roast until cooked through (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the shallots and 1 tablespoon of the oil to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until soft (3 to 4 minutes).
- Add Pinot Grigio to the skillet and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the cream and simmer until the sauce just thickens. Stir in the mustard.
- Top the pork with the sauce and tarragon. Drizzle the frisée with the remaining tablespoon of oil and serve with the lemon wedges.