Wines made from the Muscat family of grapes often exude aromas and flavors of fresh oranges.
That makes this dish — something you probably didn’t have over the long, cold winter — a perfect pairing partner for Moscato. This recipe yields about 5 servings.
SPINACH SALAD WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 oranges, zested
- 2 small oranges, juiced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces spinach, pre-washed
- Toast nuts over low heat in a small skillet until crisp and fragrant.
- In a blender, combine the orange zest, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- With the blender running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until combined.
- Transfer to a container and store in the refrigerator.
- To serve, put the spinach in a large bowl, and toss with enough of the vinaigrette to coat. Sprinkle with the toasted walnuts, toss again, and serve.