Raw isn’t the only way to eat oysters, as the following recipe for Garlic Oysters With Pasta demonstrates.
Serve this dish with any of the classic pairing partners for oysters, including Muscadet, blanc de blanc Champagne, or Sauvignon Blanc. You’ll find some ideal Sauvignon Blanc selections in the Fresh & Silky Sauvignon Blanc Collection by Vinesse. You can get special offers on this and more unique wines from around the world in the Cyber Circle email savings program. If you aren’t already a member, call Vinesse at 1-800-823-5527 to place an order while supplies last.
This recipe yields 2-4 servings, depending on your appetites.
GARLIC OYSTERS WITH PASTA
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 24 oysters, shucked and quartered
- 1/2 cup whole corn kernels, blanched
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers
- 1/2 cup seafood stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour to make a paste. Set aside.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add oysters, corn and pimento peppers. Saute for 90 seconds.
- Add stock, linguine, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Fold in the butter-and-flour mixture until sauce thickens, then reduce heat.
- Fold in parsley and scallions, and allow to simmer for another minute prior to serving.