It’s always good to have some tapenade on hand to enhance the flavor of simple dishes or to spread on crackers when guests — expected or otherwise — arrive.
If you’re hosting a party or just a few friends on New Year’s Eve, this recipe makes a flavorful tapenade that’s sure to be a big hit.
* 12 oz. pitted black olives
* 4 oz. capers
* 4 to 8 oz. extra virgin olive oil
* 2 oz. anchovies
* 4 cloves garlic, peeled
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 4 oz. canned tuna
* 1½ teapsoons dried herbs de Provence
* 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
* 1 oz. brandy
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse to desired consistency.