More sparkling wine is sold during the month of December than in any other month.
The reason makes perfect sense: Millions of people welcome in the New Year with a toast, and more often than not, that toast is made with glasses of bubbly.
And in the case of New Year’s Eve, a big sip of bubbly should be preceded by an appropriate toast. Here are a few of my favorites — from heartfelt to hilarious…
* May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live!
* May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather.
* Here’s a toast to the future, a toast to the past, and a toast to our friends far and near. May the future be pleasant, the past a bright dream. May our friends remain faithful and dear.
* Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow ye diet!
* There comes a time in every woman’s life when the only thing that helps is a glass of Champagne. (Bette Davis)
* May all your troubles during the coming year be as short as your New Year’s resolutions.
All of us at Vinesse hope you welcome in the New Year with great joy, good health, an appropriate toast, and a delicious bottle of bubbly.