By now, the last of the leftover Thanksgiving desserts should be either down the gullet or down the drain. And, if you’re like us, you may be looking at moving that scale indicator back by a few pounds.
The dish described here should help, without sacrificing any flavor. This recipe yields 6 servings, and pairs perfectly with Sauvignon Blanc. Enjoy!
SOUTHWEST SALAD WITH CILANTRO HERBAL CREAM
* 1½ cups mayonnaise
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
* 1 Tbs. onion, minced
* 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
* 2 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
* 1 tsp. fresh basic leaves, chopped
* 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
* ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
* 2 large heads Bibb lettuce, leaves separated and chilled
* 1 large red pepper, julienned
* 6 sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
* 2 cups smoked chicken, julienned
1. Mix mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, onion, cilantro, parsley, basil, garlic and pepper in a blender until smooth. (Note: This cream may be made a day in advance and refrigerated overnight to marry the flavors.)
2. Divide lettuce leaves among six plates, and spoon herbal cream over lettuce.
3. Add bell pepper and sun-dried tomatoes to each plate.
4. Top each plate with smoked chicken, and serve.