Preparing lamb may sound daunting to some, but it’s actually quite easy — if you have the right recipe.
The recipe that follows requires only five ingredients, and takes little more than an hour to prepare. And you can spend about 70 percent of that time enjoying a glass of wine while the lamb chops marinate.
The wine? Merlot is a perfect pairing partner.
This recipe yields 4 servings — perfect for a couples dinner with a bottle (or two) of Merlot.
ROASTED LAMB CHOPS
* 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
* 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, crushed
* 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, crushed
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
* 6 lamb loin chops (cut 1.25 inches thick)
1. Mix garlic, thyme rosemary and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large bowl.
2. Add lamb chops and coat with mixture.
3. Allow to marinate at room temperature for 45 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
5. Heat other tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy, large, ovenproof skillet over high heat.
6. Add lamb and cook until browned (3 minutes per side).
7. Transfer skillet to oven, and roast lamb chops to desired doneness (10 minutes for medium-rare).
8. Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.