Lest we forget before it’s too late, we are in the middle of “Rosé Season” — the few months out of the year when everyone everywhere in America can sit outside, enjoy the weather and sip a nice, cold glass of rosé-style wine.
You may wish to engage in this endeavor and simply watch the world go by — a favorite pastime at French seaside bistros — but you can enhance the experience by enjoying some food with the wine.
What kind of food? Well, in 2018, Food & Wine magazine printed a special collector’s edition that was all about “wines and foods that go together.” And it included recipes for the various foods suggested.
We’ll leave it to you to track down those recipes, or perhaps come up with your own. But here are the dishes that Food & Wine suggested for pairing with rosé-style wines:
* Ham, Leek and Gouda Souffles
* Marinated Olives with Orange
* Watermelon, Feta and Charred Pepper Salad
* Ratatouille Toasts with Fried Eggs
* Sun-Dried Tomato and Arugula Pizza
* Provencal Tuna Sandwiches with Fennel Mayo
* Roast Dorade with Figs, Olives and Almonds
* Salmon and Cherry Tomato Skewers with Rosemary Vinaigrette
* Chicken with Piquillos
* Smoked Duck Salad with Walnuts and Raspberries
* Sausages with Peaches and Pickled Chiles
Getting hungry? And thirsty? Pick a dish that sounds especially good to you, and plan to enjoy it soon outdoors with a glass of chilled rosé — while the weather still permits.