Now let’s talk about Friday. It’s an annual conundrum: what to do with all that leftover turkey.
True, you could pull out the remaining turkey and side dishes and simply repeat the meal.
Or you could get a little creative and try something different. How about taking a stir fry approach?
This dish pairs perfectly with Pinot Noir, in large part because it shares some of the same cranberry flavor as the wine. This recipe yields 2 servings.
TURKEY STIR FRY
* 1 cup fresh-cut green beans
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 2 Tbsp. whole-berry cranberry sauce
* 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tsp. white vinegar
* 1/8 tsp. black pepper
* 1½ cups cooked turkey breast, cut into small pieces
* 2 Tbsp. chopped cashews
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Cook green beans and onion until tender (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
3. In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper, and pour over bean mixture.
4. Add turkey, and simmer about 5 minutes or until heated through.
5. Sprinkle with cashews.