With fresh vegetables becoming available during the spring months, this flavorful dish can
serve as a side or… if you scoop a little more on your plate… a main course. A Roussanne
or Sauvignon Blanc would be sublime wine-pairing partners.
• 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 3.5 cups asparagus (ends trimmed and stalks cut into 2-inch pieces)
• 3.5 cups Brussels sprouts (bottoms trimmed and quartered)
• 3.5 cups French green beans (cut into bite-sized pieces)
• 2 garlic cloves (minced)
• ½ cup chicken stock
• ¼ cup salted butter
• Juice of 1 lemon
• ½ tsp. black pepper
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add all vegetables and saute for 4 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add garlic and continue to toss vegetables for an additional
- Add chicken stock, butter and lemon juice.
- Saute for 2-and-a-half minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Remove pan from heat, add pepper and toss one more time